Start Here

Most guitar teachers spend a lot of time on theory and technique and then eventually you get to play some songs - if you don't get bored and give up! At Tony's Guitar Lessons we do things differently. My objective is to get you playing songs as soon as possible, and that means learning chords from Day One.

Here's what I teach and roughly the order I teach it in:
  • Some basic chords so you can strum a few simple rock and pop songs
  • Build on those chords and add barre chords with more songs
  • Start reading tab so you can play solos and licks
  • Add fingerstyle
  • Introduce theory: how chords are made, where they are on the fretboard
  • Keep getting better and better!

And all in the comfort and convenience of your own home. I live in Sunnyvale, CA and I drive to you, within a radius of about 10 miles.

So if you live in the area, why not give me a call and let's discuss guitar lessons for you or your children.

Tony Lacy-Thompson
(408) 398-6284

Great Guitar Lesson Packages

I've checked out a few of the lesson packages around, and I like these the best:

Learn Guitar with Jamorama
Using a combination of video lessons, play along jam tracks and software games to speed your learning, Jamorama has been put together by a professional musician. Also includes a bunch of extras in the package.

Learn Acoustic Guitar with Jamorama
Same as above, except with the emphasis on acoustic guitar.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Who: Behind Blue Eyes

The Who's Behind Blue Eyes is another great song to learn with. I especially like Limp Bizkit's version which was used on the movie Gothica. In the full version of the song, Pete Townsend uses "sus" chords, or suspended 4th's, but we can ignore these for the time being.

We have a couple of new chords to play, G, Bm and A.

Playing the G chord: use fingers 2, 3 and 4 (pinky). This is much better than the standard 1, 2, and 3 and makes it easier to move to other chords like C.

Playing the A chord: personally I use fingers 2, 1, 3 in that order. You can use 1, 2, and 3 if you prefer.





Em G D
No one knows what it's like, to be the bad man
C A
To be the sad man, behind blue eyes
Em G D
No one knows what it's like to be hated
C A
To be fated, to telling only lies

CHORUS
C D G C G
But my dreams, they aren't as empty
C D E
As my conscience seems to be
Bm C
I have hours, only lonely
D A
My love is vengeance that's never free

No one knows what it's like to feel these feelings
Like I do, and I blame you
No one bites back as hard on their anger
None of my pain and woe, can show through

CHORUS

Then it goes into the fast bit which we'll leave for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Text

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.