Most guitar teachers spend a lot of time on theory and technique and then eventually you get to play some songs - if you don't get bored and give up! At Tony's Guitar Lessons we do things differently. My objective is to get you playing songs as soon as possible, and that means learning chords from Day One.
Here's what I teach and roughly the order I teach it in:
Some basic chords so you can strum a few simple rock and pop songs
Build on those chords and add barre chords with more songs
Start reading tab so you can play solos and licks
Add fingerstyle
Introduce theory: how chords are made, where they are on the fretboard
Keep getting better and better!
And all in the comfort and convenience of your own home. I live in Sunnyvale, CA and I drive to you, within a radius of about 10 miles.
So if you live in the area, why not give me a call and let's discuss guitar lessons for you or your children.
Tony Lacy-Thompson (408) 398-6284
Great Guitar Lesson Packages
I've checked out a few of the lesson packages around, and I like these the best:
Learn Guitar with Jamorama Using a combination of video lessons, play along jam tracks and software games to speed your learning, Jamorama has been put together by a professional musician. Also includes a bunch of extras in the package.
Face it. You've always wanted to play the guitar. Whether it's trying to sound like your favorite new artists, or going back in time to play The Beatles, The Who, Hendrix, or Eddie Van Halen (OK, those are MY favorites!), you've come to the right place. I know, that's what they all say. Well, hopefully this will become ONE of the right places then...
I'm a guitar teacher myself (amongst other things), and I play in a blues band, and the occasional orchestra for musicals old and new. So I know a thing or two about the instrument. I'm going to give you some playing tips, a few chords here and there, and some links to some great teaching packages on the web -- they're a LOT cheaper than what I charge per lesson!
Post a Comment